Tuesday, March 17, 2009

10 on the Tuesday. On Sunday.







1. After going through Madeline's clothes, I realized nothing will fit her this spring/summer. Have to go out and buy her an almost complete new wardrode. I can get away with some dresses and shorts b/c its no big deal how short they are- but save for a few gymboree shorts purchased at the end of summer ( in prep for our Fla trip in October), she gots nuthin'.


2. She's at a funny size in some stores. No longer baby clothes or even cute toddler clothes. She's venturing into 5 and 5T and some of those clothes are just skanky. I still want her to look like a little kid, not a tween


3. Facebook is amazing. In the few short months I 've been on there, I've reconnected with so many people- my old best friends, really good high school friends, my 3rd grade crush... and my cousin Cara. Every Christmas, our grandmother would buy us the same exact things- she got pink and I got purple- but our differences went deeper than pink and purple lovers. As we got older, we drifted apart, geographically and closeness and then just lost touch. We always knew what each other was doing by talking to our aunt. But thanks to Facebook, we're back in touch and i hope to stay that way. We just got together for dinner the other night and it was really nice.


4. Went to the new outlets by me the other day. It was great. As mentioned above ( I'm finishing this a few days later), Maddie was in desperate need of new clothes for spring summer. I somehow managed to get my husband involved in a) going to the outlets with me and b) picking out some clothes for M-cat! We didn't spend too much money and got some cute stuff- our own economic stimulus right here.

5. Crocs- yay or nay ? I say YAY! I love those shoes for Madeline. I bought a pink maryjane style pair for her at the outlets. They are waterproof, comfy and waterproof, did I mention that? They get dirty... give 'em a good scrub and wash them in the sink. The past two summers that has pretty much been her everyday shoe. I know there are people out there who say they don't care how comfortable they are, they are ugly as sin- but let me tell you. When you become old and start uttering sentences like " I need to find a good shoe" or ' where are my orthotics? '- you will care about comfort. So yeah I have one pair ( of flip flops, in a benign color- and no jibbets, either). So Crocs-haters, suck it, those shoes are like someone went to heaven , cobbled a shoe, and brought it back down to earth.


6. Food shopping used to be some class of nightmare . There was screaming and crying, sometimes on both mine and Madeline's parts. There was unecessary spending as I usually would end up giving Maddie a little something to quiet her during the expedition. There was always something forgotten because I was rushed, not paying attention. I dreaded it.
But now, my Stop and Shop has changed the face of grocery shopping for us and mothers of toddlers everywhere. They have introduced the scanning gun, as in you scan it yourself, or in our case, Madeline scans the 'puter' for me. You put it right in the bag yourself ( they even have new fancy shopping carts that have handles on them to keep your bag open so you can put your stuff in)- which means no unloading onto the checkout lane- you just go up, scan your card and pay. You don't even have to talk to a human if you don't want. Also while you are shopping, the scanner bell rings , advertising some special item on sale. Madeline thinks that is especially cool. Who knows, maybe she'll get sick of it one day, but for right now, I am enjoying these tear free shopping trips. Both of us :)


7) Not having to interact with a human at Stop and Shop, though welcome for me, also makes me feel very Brave new World-ish, Big Brother-ish. I don't like when people's jobs are replaced by computers, no matter how convienent it makes my life. There doesn't seem to be a balance, hence my conflicting feelings.

8) Looking for ideas to keep your child occupied while you make dinner or something? Have them write a letter. Madeline recieved mail from her friend H. the other day and she has been over the moon about it. So I had her write a letter back to her, I addressed it, we stamped it, we took it to the post office,( an excursion in itself), we check the mailbox everyday for more letters. Who knew mail could be so much fun ? Oh yeah right- my mother did (Mi " We're not getting all our mail" Mi)


9) Speaking of grandparents, we are currently waiting for Greg to return from the airport with Grandma. Madeline is very excited, and so am I. I enjoy the comapny, and I also enjoy running child-free errands. Its hard not having family around- anyone who does, don't take it for granted.


10) see random pictures above. Blogger won't let me drag them down here.
and 11) Is March the longest month or whaaaaaat ? I hate March.

No comments: