Sunday, April 27, 2008

mimipapas



Thats how Madeline refers to her grandparents. One word-mimipapa. Not only did she get to see Mimipapa D this past weekend, she gets to see Mimipapa L at the end of this week. Very exciting! I took lots and lots of pictures this week, so if you've got Maddie Fever, you're at the right place.

First, I give you Miss Olivia. Its hard to believe she's five. I remember so well when she was the only baby in our family and how we doted on her. Now she's the big cousin ( and soon to be Big Sister again, so I learned this weekend!) I may be biased, because she is my neice and I think everything all my neices do is wonderful- but she is quite an artist. She drew me a picture of Curious George and the man with the yellow hat that is now on my fridge. Really, it blows me away what this five year old can draw. Maddie helping Papa in the backyardThe garbage can had no destination, but Maddie felt quite important helping Papa drag it all over the backyardMadeline and her cousin Jack. As Christina stated in her blog, its really become evident how close in age these two are. I mean, duh- they've always been about 9 months apart, but now that she is 2 plus and he's just turning three, they seem to share similar interests( cars, bikes, swings- ha ha). This picture looks timeless to me, it seems to catch their 'toddler-hood' quite perfectly- Maddie in a box, and cousin Jack trying to push herGiving the flower a bath

And this I have to throw in there to illustrate the State of Curliness that is Madeline's hair. I get compliments all the time on it, apparently it comes from Greg's side of the family. Look at how beautiful and curly it is. This means Maddie will spend most of her life trying to straighten it, of course. We girls are never happy with what we are given.


Saturday , we went to the Japanese gardens at Roger Williams Park- it was beautiful
Maddie loved running over the bridges. Swings were a big part of the weekend... at the park......and at mimipapa's house. She kept saying' Close-a-eyes!" while she was swingingI love how she scrunches up her whole face just to close her eyes.We had lots of fun !

2 comments:

Christina DeGaetano said...

Love all those pictures!!!!!! We had a great time this weekend with you! Can't wait to see you for Jack's Birthday and Touch a Truck Festival!

Carolyn Hawkins-Young said...

Love the pictures Jessica! Maddie is really growing fast!