Friday, April 4, 2008

I *almost* surrender

Almost... but not quite yet. I refuse to believe my ever-challenged napper is giving them up for good at 2 years old. I ignore the fact that she'll only nap for 3 out of 7 days, and sometimes those naps are while we are driving somewhere. I silently tell the Nap Gods" See?!? I told you so!" when she naps for 3 hours.
But more often than not lately, after about an hour of hearing her in her crib jumping up and down, I know I have to give in. I know when I open the door and see her socks off ( that is the unversal sign for " I'm not napping , mom" in this house. I have no idea why- but once the socks are off, I can kiss naptime goodbye) that she won. There will be no nap. So then I implement the poor man's equivelant of nap time- Quiet Time. Its not as effective as nap time, but it will have to do. Usually it involves her monkey blanket, her monkey lovey, a paci and the couch. Oh and the TV- Calliou, Curious George, Max and Ruby... I try to tackle my 'to-do' list , but usually I end up snuggling with her. Look at her, how can I resist?


I am loving the way she plays with her baby doll. This particular doll has no name, but she's always crying and in need of comfort. Madeline will ask her " Us a matter, pookie?" and say " awwww" as she hugs her. Its so cute She has also been known to manhandle baby doll as well.
Thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

Christina DeGaetano said...

Could she be any cuter????