Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Busy Busy Day in a Busy Busy Town

*First, an apology for the typos . I type too fast and have no figured out how to go back and edit my blog. So hopefully everyone gets the gist of what i'm trying to say. And now....

Ok, Busy Busy day in a Busy Busy Town. Yeah, we had a busy day today. Busy Busy Town by Richard Scarry is Madeline's new favorite book. She calls it the cat book because there are cats in it. I think its pretty cool b/c I used to love those books when I was little. I took it out from the library, but I'm going to have to get her her own copy.
So our day... I took her to the library this morning for some train table action. There was quite a few kids there for one of the library programs. At 10 o'clock, they all left to go into the room, and Maddie yelled " Bye! See you soon! Have fun!" All the librarians were laughing.
Then she fell in love with a little blond haired boy at the train table. She kept trying to show 'boy' (as she called him , ha ha,) her trains, or get him to do a firetruck puzzle or do building blocks with her. When he showed little to no interest in her, she upped her game. She followed him around, trying to hug him. I was dying ! She really has never done that before- usually she could take or leave ( mostly leave) most other kids there-she took a liking to Boy and that was that. It was so funny to watch.
Then we had to rush home to eat lunch. I joined a Mothers group and I had signed her up for an art project today. It took place during her disappearing nap time, so I wanted her to eat and then have her fall asleep in the car. That would suffice as her nap. She was interested in the art project for about 7 minutes( impressive!), and then wanted to go next door and play with toys. She would not let me leave though... she's really having bad separation anxiety.( if anyone can give me tips on how to help me with this, I'd appreciate it). So we finished up her art project and left.

Nexy stop: Target. It had been a day and a half since I was there last.

Then when we got home, she and Greg played outside with sidewalk chalk, the soccer ball, she helped him pull weeds, blew some bubbles, and she played in the shed- (which she thinks is her house). She spent a good two hours out there. I LOVE SPRING!!!! Actually, I really don't, but I am loving the longer days and the warmish , non rainy weather. The winter, though not really cold here anymore is l...o...n...g, so yay !!!! for spring.

The best part of a busy busy day ? Now Maddie is a sleepy sleepy girl. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: