Friday, July 25, 2008

Preschool already?

Yup, I've started to look at preschools for my munchkin. Preschool, you say ? But wasn't she just born like 5 minutes ago? Yeah, thats how I feel too.

She is 2 1/2, and I'm beginning to feel as if a structured environment would be wonderful for her right now. I'm trying to decide which type of school would be best for her. And by 'best' I don't mean which preschool will ensure her admission into Harvard- I'm just looking for one that doesn't make her scream when I drop her off. And doesn't drain our wallet.

Greg has already expressed apprehension at 'leaving her there' and has asked me more than once if I plan on staying with her. Um, kind of defeats the point. If possible, she'd re-attach the umbilical cord. She is all about Mommy mommy mommy. She needs to be around other kids with out me, you know ?



I wonder if Greg would be so protective if we had a boy. Just a thought.



Some of the schools have openings for this Fall, but no way. She, and truthfully, I wouldn't be ready. So I'm shooting for January or even Fall of '09. In the meantime, I am enrolling her in some Separation programs this fall. The parents stay with the kids for a set amount of time( 10mins, 1/2 hour, depending on the child and school) and then they leave( really we just go in the next room). I am even dreading that. So we'll see how it all goes.



In the meantime, here is my airborne girl playing 'Froggy Pond'


No comments: