Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Its 4:20pm

...and she's still napping. She's been quite the chatterbox in her crib before drifting off, so even though its later, she's only been sleeping for about 2 hours. And she'll still go to sleep at night before 7:30. The downside is she will be up for the day around 6:15am. Its like waking up on the surface of the sun in her room- its so bright . For the first few weeks I was taking her back into bed with us , turning on the TV and catching a few more ZZZs... but now I've been re-programmed to be up that early. It reminds me of when I was in college( besides the nasty apartment and lack of well, a child). I used to wake up around 6 , take Uconn , my beautiful doggie, out for a walk, get some bagels, run some errands and then do what... I have no idea. I was working about 20 hours a week, it was summer, so no school. My 2 good friends who had stayed with me in Buffalo had both gone home, my other friend was in Syracuse with her boyfriend. I had the whole day to do whatever I wanted... and I can honestly tell you I have no idea what I did. Maybe took a walk to the park. Got something to eat. Read a book. Maybe go to a movie. Walk the dog again. Who knows.
I also remember times when I was not getting up at 6am, but just going to bed. Or sitting on the roof of our apartment building after a night out. Not a wild night, just a night of great conversation that you didn't want to end. We 'd just talk, watch the sun come up. We knew life wouldn't be like this forever... time stretching out before us with no definaitive road map . It was ours to do what we wanted with it. Its hard to believe that was 12 years ago. I already dated mydself in a previous post, so that's not ground breaking news, how I am thirty freaking five years old.
Man, I guess that is affecting me more than I thought, huh?

No comments: