Monday, July 28, 2008

A Nice Day

We went with my mothers group to the Suffolk County Farm . Actually, I'm not so sure thats the name of the farm, but thats what I've been calling it. It was really cute.
As I tried to leave, I asked Maddie if she was ready.
"No," she told me :" Mommy, you go. Go in the car. I see you later"

I was prepared to get dirty- not that we'd be milking cows or anything, but it poured yesterday and I was ready for mud, puddles and cow poo. I tried to put shorts on Madeline, but for the third day in a row, she asked to wear a pretty dress. OK. Who am I to fight with a 2.5 year old ?
We got a chance to feed some of the animals. Madeline was less than enthusiastic about doing it herself.
She made me do it and then said " that tickooled" when the goat ( or donkey or whatever else we saw today) took the carrot out of my hand. She was alos not excited about petting a chicken. "No way , Lady... pet your own chicken"
Next up was a tractor pull to see some more animals. The tour guide told us that farmers say " yee haw " when they see other farmers. I thought cowboys said 'yee haw', but once again, What do I know? Maddie loved saying yee haw, and as a matter of fact was saying it in her sleep just a few minutes ago.
After the tractor pull we went to the playground to have a picnic lunch. They had a ... drumroll... a wooden train to play on- and play she did. She even refused food (!!!) choosing instead to sit in the caboose. These girls were funny. Once they realized Maddie will repeat whatever you say, they tried to get her to say' bad words( like doody and fart). They'd turn around to see if I was close by. I had to tell them to keep it clean. Madeline loved them- I believe in this picture she is enthusiastically pointing out where the ceiling is located.My cute, sweaty girl. It was a bazillion degrees on that farm. You can imagine how it smelled.

No comments: