Thursday, March 13, 2008

Random Stuff

- I sliced my middle finger this morning with a knife. Right on the tip, you know, where no bad aid will ever stay? I'm headed out to buy those liquid bandaids when the Cat gets up

- Madeline has become increasingly picky about food. There are about 3 things she will eat now. My old standbys( rice and tofu, which she loved, Squash and pasta ~all so easy to make) are just not cutting it anymore.

-Greg and Steve's birthday was this past Sunday, so we had them over for cake. Maddie was so happy to see her cousins, Samantha and Emma. They ran around screamed, played and screamed some more. You'd think she'd be exhausted by the end of that day,huh? Nope, she was in her crib for about an hour saying" Sammy ....Emma....ahhhhhhhhhhh!"

-This Sunday was also daylight savings time. Its always a brain twister for me to try and figure out 'well, Ok, we lose an hour of sleep, no, we wake up earlier, but its really five instead of six???". Before I had a child, it was no biggie. Its huge when you have a child, especially one that wakes up early. So I only had her nap for a short period that day, hoping she'd go to sleep earlier... yeah that didn't work. Today is Thursday and I think she just got the time difference down last night*knock on wood*

- The plus side of daylight savings? I love being able to take madeline out in the backyard after dinner. Love it. Its not so cold anymore, we can get away with bundling up a bit and heading out. She loves it.

"Cubba Dis?"-I hear these words all day long as Madeline points to various things in the house ( She means "what color is this?" , for those that don't speak TwoYearOld-ese.) Apparently, I say this to her a lot *shrug*

- I took her to a new playgroup this morning at our local church. It was nice, but I got the feeling they really discourage running around when its supposed to be circle time. All the other kids sit and sing songs. Maddie wants to run around. I got a few looks , but she's TWO. What do they expect? Nevertheless, I talked to some really nice people, so we'll give it another shot.

-I had a really bad toothache last week, went to an emergency dentist appointment. Guess what it was? No really guess, b/c they didn't know either. So I have to go to the oral surgeon on Saturday. Figures my tooth hasn't hurt since then. Doesn't that always happen? its like on the day you go to get a haircut, that day your hair looks perfect. I'll go to the appointment anyway b/c i want to know whats going on in there. I need to get on the dental ball, you know?

- Speakign of haircuts, I'm gettign mine cut next week. I am 90% leaning towards getting a short cut. My idea of short is different from most people's- I'm talking like shoudler length, just past shoulder length. So I'm off to comb through some mags to come up with some ideas. I am so over long hair. It always ends up in a ponytail anyway.

No comments: