Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter and Some Maddie Happenings

Less than 10 feet away sits Maddie's baby book. And right next to it is a journal I've kept for her since I found out I was pregnant. Neither has been updated in quite some time. I always mean to. And I always say to myself " Ok, at 23 months she started[fill in the blank] I'll remember that" . But the truth is I rarely get around to updating it. Thats why every once in a while I'll post Maddie stats or Maddie Happenings...like I'm about to do here.







It is very interesting when your child starts speaking a lot because you get to hear what you sound like. She's forever imitating Greg and I . All day today she was saying " Hi schveed-ee "('hi, sweetie') which I must say to her a lot. She's had some class of word explosion, stringing together 4 or 5 words , and I can seriously hold a conversation with her. It happened overnight ! I ask her about her day and she tells me that we went to the library, or she she went down the slide, or that Daddy was home.







I am also amazed at what I deem to be her artistic ability. She tries to make an "m" , and I may be crazy, but I think she's actually done it a few times. She also makes a circle that resembles an actual circle. She knows all her colors and shapes. Her scribbles are tiny and deliberate. My father is a good artist, possibly she inherited that from him ? Who knows, but its pretty cool to watch.







As far as physical stats, she's heavy and likes to be carried. Thats all I know- ha ha! She's probably about 33 lbs and seems taller everyday. She's getting a lot better at holding my hand and staying next to me in public places, which is good b/c she'll only stay in the stroller for about -oh -3 minutes.











And now... Easter.
Bubbles in bed while you open your basket....


Easter was really nice. Maddie enjoyed the easter egg hunt... but seemed a little disappointed in what we put inside.
" Goldfish? I get those everyday. I thought I was supposed to get chocolate?"

Poor girl, we put raisins in another egg.

Easter breakfast - Bunny Choclate Chip Pancakes ! ( Almost makes up for the raisins in aforementioned egg)

And one of my most favorite pictures of Madeline and Samntha. I am loving the way they are looking at each other. Here is Miss Emma trying to tickle maddie, despite what it may look like ...It was a very nice day, depsite the cold and the kids really wanting to go outside in the cold. Easter is in April next year, thankfully!

No comments: