Saturday, September 20, 2008

Her Hair


I have a love/hate relationship with Madeline's hair. I love it for its gorgeousness. Not one day goes by where we don't get " Look at those curls!" comments ( or any variation thereof- i.e ' Who does she get those curls from? ' 'I love those curls', etc). It really is beautiful, shiny, curly and boingy. I love watching her run away from me , seeing those little curls boinging up and down. I like the ease of hairstyle- there's really only one thing I can do with it, put it off to one side with a clip. I can do pigtails, but they don't stay in.

The only thing I don't like about it is the knots. She has got a lot of hair, its thick and is very knotty. I have an aresenal of products- some intended for children, some specific to curly hair- that I use to tame her crazy 'do everyday. She sees me take out the de-tangler and runs. So then I run, chasing after her while spraying product. I've been known to do her hair under the table or use bribery to get her to sit still. If I don't brush it out a few times a day she would have dreds. But is just not fun.

And she will of course spend her whole life wishing she had straight hair.

No comments: