Wednesday, July 15, 2009

So I don't Forget 3.0

Last night Madeline wouldn't go to sleep. She was wiggling around and hit her head on the headboard. Crying ensued, so I got into bed with her to calm her down. I was playing with her hair... so soft and sweet and curly right after a bath- and then she started playing with mine( dry from the sun and graying, but whatever). She was quiet and relaxed and I thought I hit a magic 'get-her-to-go-to-sleep-after-a day-in-the-sun' bedtime routine. 'No problem,' I thought' I can lay in bed with her for five minutes if it means I'll be outta her for the rest of the night.
Then she started singing the ABC song. Oh well.
After a few minutes of me shhhing her and trying to calm her down again, she got right in my face and said " Wanna touch each other's hair again ?"

No comments: