Friday, July 17, 2009

Bedtime. Its a problem.







I don't know what the reason is... the summer? That it is still light out at her bedtime of 7:15,7:30ish? I know the napping in the car doesn't help- but even on days when she doesn't nap, bedtime has become a struggle. The typical 3 year old stalling techniques- I'm thirsty,hungry,my mouth hurts, I need a bandaid-no not that one, the other kind,I'm scared,lay down with me, I'm tired... followed by a rousing rendition of the ABC song. Its frustrating. We got rid of the pacifier so I was giving her some room to find a new routine- but now, its out of control.


So I told her " Mommy comes in two times, so use them judiciously" She doesn't know what judiciuolsy means, but I think she gets the "i'm only coming in two times" Well, she *would* if I actually only went in there two times. Last night I told her if she didn't put her head on the pillow I was leaving the room. She didn't so I did... and I hear from behind the door " Oh no! Not again!" and then " Mommy, you're hurting my feelings!"



sigh.



Finally I bribed her. If you go to sleep, you will get to eat an ice pop tomorrow. So of course, she wakes up this morning and the first thing she says in her sore-from-waking-up cute little voice, smile on her face " mommy I have ice pop?"

Later Maddie, Later.

We took a day trip last week to Fire Island. I have lived my whole life in New York and have never been... isn't that nuts?? I loved it- a little beach community with out the brown/green Long island ocean water. Look! Its blue and clean -looking!

One of the paths to the beachI want to say " yeah, Maddie had an awesome time" but really, she liked the playground, had a tantrum, took a nap and missed the beach and then had ice creamthe wagons that people to use to tote stuff around- hanging on hooks outside the hotels
Me and my girl

No comments: