Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Goodbye, 2008, hello 2009- gulp.

2009?!!?

Anyway, we celebrated the way we usually do... Maddie in bed by 8pm, me and greg watching TV. I couldn't even make it past 10pm. In fact I can't remember the last year I was actually awake for the ball dropping. Greg assured me that it was less than spectacular, and that the musical guests on the NYE shows were people he had neevr heard of. I reminded him that we are :

a) old

b) un-cool

c) pretty OLD


We attended a Countdown to Noon party earlier in the day for the younger kiddos. She loved counting down and yelling " Happy New Year !" in fact, she is still saying it to salesclerks as we leave stores, ha ha

In big Maddie news, we got her haircut yesterday for the first time. I anticipated some tantrums and some squirming, but she did really well. I would normally post pictures here of her new 'do, but you can't tell the difference b/c she has curly hair. Because I am her mother, I can see a difference, and I don't like the way it was cut at all. I thought about taking her to my stylist- but then I thought ' Thats silly. She's two. Anyone can cut hair, it'll grow back...etc"
While the latter is true- it will grow back, turns out NOT everyone can cut curly hair. The lady cut off the dead ends on the bottom of her hair, and left the top all moppy looking. Like I said, I only notice b/c i am her mother, but yes, I am calling my stylist this week to see if she can touch it up. I am also in need of a new 'do.

1 comment:

merapi said...

happy new year

from indonesia blogger

http://www.nyariapa.blogspot.com/