Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Nine and Two



OK, I think I can post this here without sounding like Braggy Braggerson. Besides, most of you who read this are family, so you may be just as impressed as I was. Or maybe not, maybe its something every two year old does and no big deal at all. Madeline picked up that tape dispenser today and flipped it around, looked at me and said " Nine!" I should call MENSA, right? Its just so funny to me her interest in numbers. No, I don't think she's John Nash or anything, but she *may* be a Mathlete in Training.... its just so interesting to me because it is so not something I've ever stressed to her at all. At 18/19 months, she was pointing out numbers to me on liscence plates, houses, signs on stores. She watched Sesame Street and likes the Count, but at that point I never sat down with her and counted because, well, honestly, I just didn't think it was something she'd grasp at 18 months. And it would be pretty funny if she ended up liking Math b/c both Greg and I HATE it.

Just one more " Man, Maddie is smart" tidbit- she knows in the CD who is talking when. Its a Little Einsteins CD that we've listened to quite a bit, but still, she knows when 'Juicy'( Quincy) is talking or singing , or Annie and June. To me, especially between Annie and june, its such a subtle difference, but from the back seat I hear ' annie!" or " jooone" . Pretty amazing, these kiddos.


Ok, so now on to TWO! Madeline turned two today-technically at 1:15am. I'll spare you all the " I can't believe my baby is two, time goes so fast, just yesterday she was an infant" mumbo jumbo, but know I am thinking ALL of those things. My Big Girl...

Greg and I took her to the Childrens Museum today and she was in heaven. We couldn't get her out of the bubble room. She kept looking up and saying "ooooooooooooooooooo"

The picture is not the greatest. Sometimes I have to stop trying to capture the moment and actually live it, you know? And I'm a mean parent. We didn't really get her a gift, per se. We gave her Dora's Talking Backpack, which she seemed to really enjoy. Above, she's peaking out from behing Dora's camera. And I didn't really do a cake. I got her a Cookie Monster cupcake, but Greg ended up having to work, and I couldn't find the candles, so we'll do it tomorrow when Greg is home and I've purchased candles. She'll never know... unless you tell her. Or she reads this. Oh well.

I love you , Miss Maddiecat ! Happy Birthday and many many many more !

2 comments:

Christina DeGaetano said...

Well, as a very impartial Auntie, I would say she is definitely on her way to becoming a Mathelete and/or an accountant, or maybe an engineer or Scientist....or, maybe even a Chemist or PharmD! As long as she is happy! I love numbers, I always have. I am a nut for statistics and love crunching numbers....Proofs were my favorite in High School and how I loved Quantitative Analysis in College. Altough she can't really get the love of numbers from me...I am excited that she is such a genius! Go Madeline! Next she'll be biting off pretzel pieces to make numbers or lining up her crayons to form them....keep going Maddy!
I love you!
Auntie Christina

Jessica said...

I don't even know what you're talkign about... quatative analysis. Move on, nerd!:)