Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ten on Whatever day it Is

1. Is it really April 16th already?

2. I should be cleaning my house.
I'm not.

3. Easter was fun. Cold, well, freezing ( see post above about it being April... hear that Mother Nature? April!! Warmer weather, please). Madeline enjoyed her basket and loved the egg hunts. We had one here and then one at a neighbors house with her BFF ,G. Uncle Jimmy came to visit and Maddie became a card-carrying member of the Uncle Jimmy is the Best Uncle Ever Club. Mimi and Papa were here to attend to her every " You be the bus driver, i be the kid, Okaaaaayy? or " Tell me the story of Cinderella, okaaaaaaay?"

4. I have been struggling with something lately. Actually a few things. I debate posting it on here because its a hot button issue for most people, and even though I have about 5 readers, those are probably the people who have the most vested interest in what I'd say. The other thing is more personal and life-changing, I just am not feeling like much good would be done by putting it out there. Its really more of my own issue. So why I am telling you that there are things I can't post? Because its been weighing heavily on my mind and kind of preventing me from the free flow that i enjoy about blogging. Time to hit the diary.


5. Good Mom or Bad Mom? I'm letting Maddie ride her tricycle around my dining room. No, its not raining outside- in fact , its supposed to be beautiful today...


6. I bought Madeline for her birthday a kids digital camera. Its pretty junky, but I didn't pay much for it, so no biggie. She does so much better with my old point and shoot Nikon camera though. The other day she went on a safari and used the camera to take pictures:





Not bad for a 3 year old, right?

6. Wanna know something sad? Greg and I went to a wedding on Saturday night and it was the first time we've gotten dressed up to go out since... well the last wedding we went to when Madeline was 7 months old. Yipes. Sure we had an occasional romantic trip to Lowes or *maybe* out to dinner once or twice... but it hapens so rarely. It was a great wedding... and once again , taken with my point and shoot.... me and my little sis, Janine, the beautiful brideShe's not really my sister. We became friends when we used to work together , and everyone used to ask if we were sisters... even twins sometimes ! We're nine years apart! It was a great wedding, hope the bride had fun too!

7. Yesterday we went to the playground. Greg did most of the chasing of Madeline, but I was beat when we got home. I lay on the couch and fell asleep while Maddie was playing around me. I kept going in and out of consciuosness. When I got up and looked hte mirror, this is what I saw- Maddie must've decorated me. Good thing i checked the mirror before going out, I don't always!


8. Maddie the Bubble Gladiator9. A picture that has nothing to do with the story I am going to tell, but I am posting b/c its cute.

Today because its so beautiful out, I put on my flip flops. Maddie looked at my feet and said ' Mommy, your shoes have no roof!"

10. Just pictures because , as stated above, she's cute.a bonus #11- you know how I know I'm a loser? because I stumbled upon something on TV last night that got me so excited and its pretty loser-ish... the American Idol After Show !!! Did you know it existed? Its on the Fox Reality Channel, they tape it right after the show. They interviewed all the finalists( including my fave, Matt Giroud) and I got good background info. Told you, I'm a loser. that made my night.

No comments: